This is the salad I made with the cashew crusted sole. I had to make something. While I needed to eat all that fish [I hate waste!], I couldn’t stomach more than two fillets at one time. I needed something else. I needed something that could make good leftovers.
I like quinoa. I do. It’s pretty much a vehicle for anything you put with it. Like rice, only not rice. I think rice has flavor. Quinoa is more texture to me than anything else.
I snuck in some feta cheese because I’m bad. It’s not nearly as bad as the current state of my face from the pizza binge a few weekends ago. It’s ridiculous. It sounded good at the time. Plus it tasted really, really, really good. Stupid dairy hormones. I hate you.
Inspiration: Healthy Green Kitchen
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup frozen, shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons crumbled feta
- Boil water in a saucepan.
- Add quinoa.
- Let it come back to a boil, then put the lid on and simmer.
- Cook for 15ish minutes until the water is mostly absorbed.
- Add edamame and stir.
- Remove from heat.
- In another small bowl, mix the olive oil, vinegar, and curry powder to form the dressing.
- Pour over the quinoa and mix thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with feta.