Why is it that whenever I have dinner alone I have a tendency to make pancakes? I don’t understand. I used to not care about pancakes in the slightest. I was always a waffle girl, but I’ve probably made more pancakes in the last six months than I’ve ever eaten in my life. I never cease to amaze myself. As usual, I stayed far away from maple syrup to top them. I’m weird like that.
Inspiration: Chocolate Covered Katie
- 1/4 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sucunat [or sweetener of choice]
- pinch of salt
- pinch of espresso powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons almond milk
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the wet ingredients and whisk until most of the lumps are gone.
- Heat a skillet on medium.
- Spray the skillet with oil.
- Drop batter by the tablespoon to yield silver-dollar sized pancakes.
- These cook quickly. Almost immediately you’ll start to see bubbles in the middle of the batter and the edges dry. Flip when that happens.
- Once the other side stops sizzling, it’s done!
- Top how you so choose!