Turkey Meatloaf Cupcakes
Yeah, I could go on and on about portion control, but let’s get real here—meatloaf cupcakes are just cute. I’m over the fad of sweet cupcakes. Bring on the savory! Meatloaf is perfect for this kind of thing. I feel like it cooks them more evenly. It cooks them in less time. If you’re me, you don’t have self control anyway and will eat more than one cupcake as it is. It’s all about what they look like. I didn’t get fancy enough to pipe on some mashed potato frosting, but I did throw on some chili glaze. I think next time, I’d just mix it straight into the meat mixture. I’m also going to at some jalapeno. Can you tell I like spicy things?
I served these up with some spaghetti squash gratin
Adapted from Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy – Serves 6
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup regular oats
- 1-2 splashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy [or other] milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup hot sauce of choice
- 1-2 teaspoons of agave to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Grease a muffin tin.
- Combine all ingredients except the hot sauce, agave, and mustard in a bowl.
- Divide the meat mixture among the six muffin wells. They will be slightly rounded on the top.
- Mix the hot sauce, agave, and mustard to taste.
- Pour over the tops of all of the cupcakes.
- Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a couple minutes before running a knife around the edge of each well to remove the cupcakes.
- Try not to eat them all. I dare you.